Instruction: listen to the audio carefully and fill in the blank below.
- The meaning of “Tu Voz” is ....
- The name of Celia Cruz’s Band is .....
- “Tu Voz” is about ...... and ......
- Celia made about ........ albums and won many awards.
- Celia Cruz was born in ......... in Havana, Cuba.
Instruction: Find the wrong underlined word in the following sentences.
1. Jamilah is the most beauty girl in her school.
2. Rusdy studies hardly for the examination tomorrow.
3. Mahmud read a book seriously.
4. Jaka and Sulam love they parents so much.
5. If I am hungry, I will eat some food.
Instruction: Read the text and answer the question below.
There was a toolshed beside Tom’s house. The shed, where he kept his tools, had no window at all. So, it was always dark inside although it was day.
One day, Tom went into the toolshed to get ladder. When he was taking the ladder from its place, he dropped his ring. He left the ladder inside and went out of the shed.
Outside he began to look for the ring. He could not find it even though he had been seraching for quite a long time. His friend saw him searching for something and approached him. He asked, “What are you looking for, Tom?”
I’m looking for my ring. I just dropped it,” he answered while he continued searching.
“Let me help you. By the way, where did you dop it?” asked his friend,
“Inside the shed, he answered as he pointed to the shed.
His friend was surprised and said, “ Why don’t you look for it inside the shed?”
“Are you kidding? Inside the shed is very dark. I cannot see anything there. How can I find it? it is very bright here because of the sunlight. So, I’m sure I’ll see my ring here,” Tom explained.
1) What did Tom do in the toolshed?
a. Got the ladder
d. Took a bath.
e. Take a nap.
2) What do you call the text?
a. Narrative d. News item
b. Recount e. Anecdote
3) How is the condition of the toolshed?
a. Beautiful. d. Messy.
b. Bright. e. Neat.
c. Very dark
4) What happened in the toolshed?
a. Tom was felled.
b. Tom’s hand was jammed.
c. Tom’s head was crashed into the door.
d. Tom’s ring was dropped.
e. Tom’s money was lost.
5) Why did John look for his ring outside the toolshed?
a. Because he wanted to do it.
b. Because his friend helped him.
c. Because inside the toolshed is dark.
d. Because inside the toolshed is hot.
e. Because he wanted to make it easy.
Instruction: complete the conversation below by the relevant word.
Pablo : good morning, Alexandro.
Alexandro : good morning, Pablo, How (1)____ you?
Pablo : I (2)____ fine, thank you. And you?
Alexandro : I am fine (3)____. Where are you (4)____?
Pablo : I am going to school. Nice to (5)____ you.
Alexandro : Nice to meet you too.
1. I were sick yesterday.
2. He has a book.
3. They are my friends.
4. Do you hungry?
5. John and tom are in Australia now.
Instruction: Find the synonym of the following underlined words below.
1. Raudah is a beautiful girl.
2. You disrespect me. (irreverence)
3. This baby is tiny. (small)
4. I will arrive in your house five minutes later. (come)
5. That man is grease. (fat)